One of the superstar spices my husband and I picked up from our visit to Istanbul after the wedding in August, was referred to as THE Turkish spice mix. For marinating meats, or seasoning vegetables. It was bright orange, and smelled sooo good. I used it right away when I returned. Then realization dawned, that I had no idea what was in this mix!
In my research since, Turkish spice mix can include variations of paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper, cilantro, fennel, coriander, cinnamon, dried mint, clove, nutmeg and cardamom! Look at that beautiful color.
Turkish Spice Rubbed Chicken
Prep Time 5 minutes; Cook Time 20 minutes; Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1.5 tablespoons Turkish spice
- 2 garlic cloves
- a teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- the juice of one lemon
- two tablespoons olive oil
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients, and rub the mix over the three chicken breasts. If you like, leave it in the fridge for a half hour or for the afternoon to let the marinade set in.
- Bake in the oven at 400 on the lower rack for 20 minutes for moist and delicious chicken!
Yield 4 servings
Serving Size 6 oz