My photos in the evening seem to be tending towards warm light. My great photographer friend sent me a few pieces of advice that I’ll focus on later today. Right now, I’m posting this delicious recipe! I was surprised at the taste of quinoa pasta — it was granular, but tastier than whole wheat pasta. It was super easy and fast, and definitely absorbed the flavors of the ingredients it was beside.
In addition, you can file this under great ways to use leftover chicken and broccoli, its delicious.
Chicken, Broccoli & Garlic Quinoa Tricolor Pasta
Prep Time 5 minutes; Cook Time 20 minutes; Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes, I used these
- 1 box quinoa pasta, I used Ancient Harvest Garden Pagodas
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 head broccoli, in florets, lightly steamed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white wine
- 1/2 cup olive brine
- sprinkle parmesan
- Place a large covered skillet on medium heat, add 4 tablespoons olive oil and when hot, the diced onions. Leave about a minute, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, leave a minute. Add oregano, stir.
- Meanwhile in a covered sauce pan, boil your water for the pasta and toss the pasta in and cook uncovered for 6 minutes. Time it! Do not overcook!
- Add the chicken squares to the skillet, and stir to coat all the chicken with the seasonings. Leave a minute.
- Add broccoli, wine and brine. Cover and allow to simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain your pasta in a colander.
- Plate 1 cup of pasta in a shallow bowl with a few big spoonfuls of chicken broccoli sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan to your taste before serving!
Yield 4 servings
Serving Size 1 bowl